Golden Chariot Train – The Jewels of South India
The Golden Chariot offers an attractive sojourn across Karnataka and Kerala, aptly christened as the The Jewels of South. Commencing on Sunday from Bangalore and going through the ruins of Hampi, UNESCO World Heritage site – Shore Temple to Cochin , Backwaters of Kumarakom and concluding back in Bangalore, the following Saturday, the Jewels of South tour offers to its visitors an 6 day itinerary of pure fun. Capture the essence of Karnataka and Kerala through this journey and carry back fond memories to remember for long.
Day 1 (Saturday) - Bengaluru to Mysore
The luxury journey of The Golden Chariot starts in Bangalore the capital of Karnataka at around 0830 AM. After receiving a warm welcome at the Yeshwantpur Railway Station complete the registration and board the train. After the briefing session, have your lunch as the train moves towards Mysore. Reach Mysore at around 02:45 PM and visit the Mysore Palace. After exploration, return to the train and complete dinner as you proceed to Hampi.
- Registration and Check in at Yashwantpur Railway Station from 08:30 hrs onwards
- Departure from YPR(09:45 hrs).
- Lunch onboard as train arrives into Mysore (14:15 hrs).
- Proceed to Visit Mysore Palace at 15:00 hrs.
- Return to train as train proceeds to Chengalpattu (CGL).
- Dinner onboard
Day 2 (Sunday) - Kanchipuram-Mahabalipuram
Have your breakfast and proceed for excursion to Kanchipuram. After the excursion, have your lunch on Board. Later proceed to visit the Shore Temple in Mahabalipuram as the train enters Chengalpattu Railway Station. This UNESCO World Heritage site is named so because the temple overlooks the shore of the Arabian Sea. The temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu was constructed by the Pallavas with great architectural brilliance. In the evening, complete dinner at a beachfront Hotel and return to the Train and you proceed to Thanjavur.
- Breakfast onboard as train arrives into Chengalpattu Raiway Station.
- Forenoon optional excursion to Kanchipuram.
- Lunch onboard.
- Visit to Mahabalipuram Monuments.
- Dinner at a beachfront hotel.
- Return to train and Train proceeds to Thanjavu
Day 3 (Monday) - Thanjavur-Chettinad/Karaikudi
Have your breakfast and proceed to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Brihadeshvara Temple. This is one of the biggest temples in South India dedicated to Lord Shiva. Admire the architectural excellence of the Dravidian style and back to the train for lunch. The train proceeds to Chettinad and in the evening, visit the Athnagudi tile factory and Chettinadu mansions. Complete the dinner onboard as the train proceeds to Cochin.
- Breakfast onboard.
- Deboard at 09:00.
- Lunch onboard as train proceeds to Chettinad.
- Visit the Athnagudi tile factory and Chettinad mansions.
- Return on train for Dinner onboard.
- Train proceeds to Cochin.
Day 4 (Tuesday) - Cochin
Have your breakfast on the train and proceed to explore the Mattancherry Palace in Fort Kochi. Then go to witness some traditional dance forms of Kerala at an exclusive venue. Return to the train and have your lunch. In the evening, take an optional excursion to Chinese Fishing Nets and St. Francis Church. Complete the dinner onboard as the train proceeds to Kumarakom.
- Breakfast onboard as train arrives at Cochin Harbour Terminus.
- Visit Matancherry Palace in Fort Cochin followed by Dance performances of Kerala.
- Return to train for Lunch.
- Deboard for optional activities to Chinese Fishing Nets and St. Francis Church.
- Dinner onboard and train proceeds to Kumarakom.
Day 5 (Wednesday) - Chertala/Maraikulam
After having onboard breakfast, proceed for a houseboat cruising on the backwaters. Then, enjoy your lunch at an exclusive venue. In the evening, return to the train and have your dinner as it proceeds to Bengaluru.
- Onboard breakfast.
- Houseboat cruise with lunch at an exclusive venue.
- Return to the train by evening.
- Dinner onboard.
Day 6 (Thursday) - Bengaluru
Enjoy your breakfast on board as the train arrives at Yeshwantpur Railway Station in Bangalore. Bid farewell to your co-passengers and deboard the train as your Jewels of South tour ends offering you pure delight for the last 6 days.
- Breakfast onboard.
- Deboard at Bengaluru (YPR).
|December, 2023||02, 30|
|November, 2024||02, 30|
Note: At Present 5 % GST is levied by Government of India EXTRA ON TOP OF THE TARIFF. Extra Surcharges for departures during Christmas and New Year.
Price Valid from October 2023 – March 2025
|Price Per Journey||Price in US Dollars||Price in Sterling Pounds|
|Single Cabin – One Person||$ 8300
|Twin/Double Cabin – Price PER PERSON||$ 4740 pp||£ 4515 pp|
Price / Cost Includes
*** Accommodation in Air Conditioned Deluxe Cabin with attached Bathroom on board The Golden Chariot
*** All meals including tea, coffee and mineral water during The Golden Chariot
*** Transport for sightseeing with Deluxe Coaches during The Golden Chariot
*** Entrance fee to palaces, museums & parks during The Golden Chariot
*** English speaking guide during The Golden Chariot
*** Service of the Tour Manager on Board
*** Two Transfer in Bangalore by Private Vehicle with Driver
- Cabin Area : 112 Sq. Ft
- Double Bed Dimensions : 80 x 60 (In)
- Twin Bed Dimensions : 80 x 33 (In)
- Folding Writing Table
- Luggage Hold underneath the bed
- Live Television
- Wi-fi Internet (Subject to network availability)
- Direct Dial International Telephone Facility
- DVD player
- LCD screen
- Personal safe and
- Towels and linens changed daily or as per request
- Complimentary tea, coffee, mineral water and light snacks available at all times
- Dedicated butler service
- Shower cubicle with running hot & cold water
- Range of toiletries
- The Deluxe Cabins tariff of the respective packages will be inclusive of
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits
- Guided off train excursions in deluxe coaches as illustrated in the journeys/ package
- Entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide.
- Porterage at stations.