Golden Chariot Train – Glimpses of Karnataka
The Golden Chariot Glimpses of Karnataka tour offers to its visitors an 4 day itinerary of pure fun through Karnataka. Commencing on Sunday from Bangalore and going to Mysore to see the Charming Mysore Palace and Proceeding to see the ruins of Hampi and concluding back in Bangalore after Fourth Day on Wednesday, the Glimpses of Karnataka tour gives a small insight of Karnataka to its visitors.
Day 1 (Saturday) - Bengaluru to Nanjangud
Your most awaited Golden Chariot Train journey starts in Bangalore the capital of Karnataka. Experiencing charming weather throughout the year and adorned with Victorian architectural splendor, the third-largest city in India doesn’t need any introduction.
Registration and Check in from 08:30 hrs onwards
Morning departure from YPR (09:45 hrs).
Lunch onboard as train arrives into Nanjangud. (13:30 hrs)
Evening Safari (16:30 hrs to 18:30 hrs).
Return to train by 20:15 hrs. and dinner onboard as train proceeds to Mysore.
Overnight on the train at Mysore.
The dinner is served on board the Golden Chariot .
The Golden Chariot depart for Mysore.
Overnight on the Golden Chariot.
Day 2 (Sunday) - Mysore
On day 2 of the journey, you will enjoy sightseeing in Mysore. After breakfast on board, proceed to visit the Mysore Palace. After exploring the royal glory, return to the train for lunch. Visit Srirangapatnam as an Optional excursion. In the evening, proceed for dinner at a city hotel with cultural activities. Return to the train and continue your journey to Hampi.
- Breakfast onboard.
- Proceed to visit Mysore Palace.
- Return to train for lunch after which optional visit to Srirangapatnam.
- Dinner onboard as train proceeds to Hospet (20:00 hrs), watering and fuelling.
Day 3 (Monday) - Hospet
Day 3 of the Golden Chariot itinerary is reserved for exploring the architectural marvel in Hospet. After enjoying your breakfast, de board the train to visit Hampi, the capital of the Vijayanagara kingdom. This UNESCO World Heritage site carries the ruins ancient kingdom that tells the story of opulence and grandeur of the royals. You can also enjoy the view of the Sunset from the bank of the gently flowing Tungabhadra River. After the excursion, come back to the train for lunch. You can choose an optional trip to Anegundi in the afternoon. Enjoy your dinner onboard and continue the journey.
- Breakfast onboard.
- Visit Hampi ruins
- Lunch onboard.
- Evening free.
- Dinner onboard.
- Train proceeds to Bengaluru
Day 4 (Tuesday) - Bengaluru
Enjoy your breakfast on board as the train arrives at Yeshwantpur Railway Station in Bangalore at around 11:00 AM. Say farewell to your co-passengers and de board the train as your Glimpses of Karnataka tour ends offering you pure delight for the last 4 days.
- Breakfast onboard.
- Deboard at Bengaluru (YPR)
|December, 2024||07, 28|
Note: At Present 5 % GST is levied by Government of India EXTRA ON TOP OF THE TARIFF. Extra Surcharges for departures during Christmas and New Year.
Price Valid from October 2023 – March 2025
|Price||Price in US Dollars||Price in Sterling Pounds|
|Single Cabin – One Person||$ 5530||£ 5270|
|Twin/Double Cabin – Price PER PERSON||$ 3160 pp||£ 3010 pp|
Price / Cost Includes
*** Accommodation in Air Conditioned Deluxe Cabin with attached Bathroom on board The Golden Chariot
*** All meals including tea, coffee and mineral water during The Golden Chariot
*** Transport for sightseeing with Deluxe Coaches during The Golden Chariot
*** Entrance fee to palaces, museums & parks during The Golden Chariot
*** English speaking guide during The Golden Chariot
*** Service of the Tour Manager on Board
*** Two Transfer in Bangalore by Private Vehicle with Driver
- Cabin Area : 112 Sq. Ft
- Double Bed Dimensions : 80 x 60 (In)
- Twin Bed Dimensions : 80 x 33 (In)
- Folding Writing Table
- Luggage Hold underneath the bed
- Live Television
- Wi-fi Internet (Subject to network availability)
- Direct Dial International Telephone Facility
- DVD player
- LCD screen
- Personal safe and
- Towels and linens changed daily or as per request
- Complimentary tea, coffee, mineral water and light snacks available at all times
- Dedicated butler service
- Shower cubicle with running hot & cold water
- Range of toiletries
- The Deluxe Cabins tariff of the respective packages will be inclusive of
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits
- Guided off train excursions in deluxe coaches as illustrated in the journeys/ package
- Entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide.
- Porterage at stations.